This tour is a road trip around the best of Bhutan, it takes in a circuit beginning and ending in the city of Paro. One of the major highlights of this tour is a visit to the stunning Taktsang Monastery, better known as the tigers’ nest. This tour takes in all the best sights and culture of Bhutan, it visits some stunning valleys and small villages allowing you to get up close and personal with the friendly and welcoming Bhutanese people and the stunning natural beauty of this country. It’s a short format tour allowing you to get a taste of this amazing country.
Day 01: Arrival Paro (2250m) & transfer to Thimphu (2350m)
Day 02: Thimphu – Paro, Hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ (3120m)
Day 03: Paro – Depart
- Private transportation.
- All necessary travel permits.
- English speaking local guide.
- Accommodation on a twin room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Bhutan Visa fee.
- Government royalty and all the taxes.
- Bottled drinking water.
- Flight fare.
- Travel / Medical Insurance.
- Additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances.
- Personal expenses such as drink, guide tips &, etc.
- Luxury hotels/resorts are available on supplement costs.
Day 1: Arrival at Paro and Drive to Thimphu – Sightseeing in Thimphu
Today, you will arrive at the International Airport at Paro flying aboard the National Carrier, Druk Air over some of the most scintillating views of the Himalayan Region to a warm welcome by the tour staff. You will then be taken for lunch in the town center of Paro. Then we begin with your sightseeing by driving to Thimpu
• On the drive to Thimphu, we stop at Tachogang Lhakhang Bridge for a photo session.
• Visit the Buddha Dordenma in the afternoon, which is a gigantic statue of Shakyamuni Buddha overlooking the Thimphu Valley.
• Then, it is the Heritage Museum, which is housed in a large house built 300 years ago.
• The day finally ends with a visit to Tashichho Dzong, which is a Buddhist Monastery cum fortress built-in 1216 by Lama Gyalwa Lhanapa.
Day 2: Drive to Paro – Visit Taktsang Monastery
Today, we drive back to Paro off at the base of Taktsang Monastery and take a two and a half hike up to the Taktsang Monastery, through some groves of pine and rhododendron trees with views of the surrounding land changing increase in elevation. The Taktsang Monastery which seems perched against the cliff is nearly 3000 meters above sea level. It is believed the Guru Rinpoche came flying here on the back of a tigress to meditate for three months. Later we return to Paro and can spend the remaining time around the streets of Paro.
Day 3: Depart Bhutan
Now, since your tour is complete, we shall take you to the International Airport and bid you farewell for your flight to your next destination.
Note: This itinerary is a sample itinerary intended to give you a general idea of a trip to Bhutan. We can tailor an itinerary to suit your requirements and interests. Please contact us to customized the exact itinerary you desire.