New Bhutan Tour Cost 2022 Details
Update: 15th September 2022.
Is Bhutan open to tourists?
Yes, Bhutan is fully open from 23rd September 2022 with no quarantine required. This applies to those who have two doses of vaccination against Covid-19.
The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) is the decision-making body related to tourism in Bhutan. The TCB has an independent authority to fix daily rates of traveling to Bhutan. Most of the licensed Bhutan tour operators are registered with TCB and incur rates according to the Bhutan Tourist Taxes or Bhutan Government Royalty set by the TCB. The Tourism Council of Bhutan also processes and approves visas on payment before arrival in Bhutan.
How Much Does It Cost To Visit Bhutan?
The main reason why Bhutan is so expensive is the tourism royalty fee (Sustainable Development Fee – SDF) per night per person.
Sustainable Development Fee-SDF US$ 200 (Per Person Per Night)
Tour cost: Bhutan tour cost starts from US$ 400 per person per night to US$ 2500 per person per night on twin sharing basis depends on hotel category and service you choose.
The minimum daily package rate of Bhutan tour for tourists is inclusive of the following services:
• Airport pick-up and drop-off by private vehicle
• hotel accommodation
• Three meals per day
• Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
• Refreshments (Tea, Coffee, and Snacks)
• All land transportation by private vehicle
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• Trekking equipment and haulage for trekking tours
• All internal taxes and charges
• Drinking water
• A sustainable development fee of $200
The minimum daily package rate of Bhutan tour for tourists excludes the following services:
• Travel Insurance
• Visa fee of US $40 (must be paid in advance with tour cost)
• Entrance fees to museums and monuments
• Other personal expenses(tips to tour guides and drivers)
• Expense occurred due to unavoidable Events such as road wrecks, flight delays, etc.