The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) is the decision-making body related to tourism in Bhutan. The TCB has an independent authority to fix daily rates of traveling to Bhutan. Most of the licensed Bhutan tour operators are registered with TCB and incur rates according to the Bhutan Tourist Taxes or Bhutan Government Royalty set by the TCB. The Tourism Council of Bhutan also processes and approves visas on payment before arrival in Bhutan.
Based on the months of Bhutan Tour the minimum daily package rate for tourists in a group of 3 or above are as follows:
For Low season – January, February, June, July, August, and December the tour cost is US $200 per night per person.
For High Season – March, April, May, September, October, and November the tour cost is US $250 per night per person.
The minimum daily package rate of Bhutan tour for tourists is inclusive of the following services:
• Airport pick-up and drop-off by private vehicle
• 3-star hotel accommodation
• Three meals per day at 3-star hotel
• Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
• Refreshments (Tea, Coffee, and Snacks)
• All land transportation by private vehicle
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• Trekking equipment and haulage for trekking tours
• All entrance fees to museums and monuments
• All internal taxes and charges
• Drinking water
• A sustainable development fee of $65
The minimum daily package rate of Bhutan tour for tourists excludes the following services:
• Travel Insurance
• Visa fee of US $40 (must be paid in advance with tour cost)
• Other personal expenses(tips to tour guides and drivers)
• Expense occurred due to unavoidable Events such as road wrecks, flight delays, etc.
For the tourists traveling in a group of 2 or less, the minimum daily package rates are subject to a surcharge as follows:
• Group of 2 persons should pay $30 per person per night in addition to minimum daily package rates.
• A single individual should pay $40 per night in addition to minimum daily package rates.
Discounts on Tour prices
• No charge for children below or up to the age of 5 years. Children between the age of 5 to 12 years accompanied by guardians shall get a 50% discount on daily rates.
• Students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
• A discount of 50% on daily rates to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons.